Greenland Dogs are the only dog breed north of the Arctic Circle in Greenland.
- Never stand in-between a dog team and the sled.
- Never try to break up a dog fight.
- Ask your guide before touching any of his dogs.
- Ask before giving any dog a snack. Some human foods are toxic to dogs and can cause vomiting, seizure and even death. Never feed chocolate, dried fruit or nuts to dogs.
- Never play with Greenland dogs after they have been fed. The breed is succeptable to a killer condition called bloat, where a full stomach twists and prevents gas from escaping.
- If dogs are resting leave them alone, they deserve a break too.
- Whips are used but rarely for discipline. Essentially they are a directional tool.
- And finally, given the chance dogs will thieve your gloves and have been known to bite camera lenses.