Greenland Dogs are the only dog breed north of the Arctic Circle .
But please remember :
- Never stand in-between a dog team and the sled
- Never try to break up a dogfight
- Ask your guide before touching any of his dogs
- Ask before giving any dog a snack . Some human foods are toxic to dogs and can cause vomiting , seizure and even death . Never feed chocolate , dried fruit or nuts to dogs
- Never play with Greenland dogs after they have been fed. The breed is succeptable to a killer condition called bloat , where a full stomach twists and prevents gas from escaping
- If dogs are resting leave them alone , they deserve a break , too
- And finally , given the chance dogs will thieve your gloves and have been known to bite camera lenses .